Monday 15 July 2013

Fourth Lernerville Win Renews Confidence

By DAVE SULLY - SARVER, PA- After winning three of the first four races at Lernerville, the team was in a bit of a slide, as they had to settle for from some seconds and a fourth, but on Friday, July 12th, things came together nicely for a convincing win and an increased the point lead in the Big Block Modified division. A heat win and a good draw (done by track officials) put Mat on the outside pole for the feature and at the drop of the green he was hammer down.

Mat explained, “The night started well. We started fourth in the heat, but we were in the lead by the end of the first lap. Brian (Schwartzlander) and I kind of walked away with it for the win. It was a good race. I’m happy to win the heat, especially with the heat points (which very few tracks award). Then they drew the outside pole for the feature for us, and we didn’t look back.”

“I knew Jeremiah (Shingledecker) was there. I saw him a couple times. I knew Brian would be right there too. Those guys are wicked to race with. I’m just happy to win and happy to be up front, and happy to increase the point lead.”

“We changed a few things, nothing major. I’m just happy we had a good run. It’s good for the confidence. Hopefully, it’ll be the end of the bad streak we had going. I just hope we figured it out.”

It was nice to get the “W” at Lernerville, which always makes the four hour return trip enjoyable. Now, it’s back to Merrittville to see how far they’ve come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment