Sunday 6 May 2012

Williamson Sixth in Ransomville Opener


By Dave Sully - (Ransomville, NY) Despite winning his heat and having the third starting spot at Ransomville Speedway on Friday, May 4th , the Mat Williamson wasn’t able parlay that into a top five finish, but still finished a respectable sixth in a highly competitive field. He fell back a little at the start and was cruising along in fifth for most of the race, but he was unable to duplicate the performance of the top four of Ryan Susice, Mike Bowman, Erik Rudolph, and Scott Kerwin.
 
Later in the race, he engaged in a spirited high/low battle with defending Ransomville champion, Chad Brachmann, which ended when Brachmann suffered a right rear flat.  Mat explained, “Chad and I had a great race.  He kept pinching me off on the front straightaway, a really good race.  I kept seeing him trying to slide job me in turns one and two.  He had enough to get by me, so I got back underneath him.  we rubbed going down the back straightaway, and that’s why he got a flat tire.”
 
Just when it appeared that he would salvage a top five finish, Danny Johnson cruised by him on the bottom on the last lap to relegate him to sixth.
 
Mat observed, “We missed the setup a little bit.  We were good early.  We needed a little side bite, and then when that caution came out I dropped the panhard bar to get the side bite.  We got it, but I sealed my tire over under yellow.  It could have been better.  Danny (Johnson) got by me on the last lap.  He came out of nowhere. I almost got Kerwin (earlier), but he was a little better than I was.”

No comments:

Post a Comment